Sunday, July 27, 2008

Amusement

My sister arrived this week with my adorable niece/goddaughter in tow. We've been having great fun playing house, coloring, creating imagination filled art with playdoh. We've also had some wonderful family outings. I smiled & laughed a lot on Friday when we took Samantha to the local amusement park in Erie. We grew up going to Waldameer and riding the same kiddie rides still there today. Waldameer is a far cry from amusement parks compared to say, nearby Cedar Point, but is a short trip from home and filled with fun for little ones. As I watched Samantha ride, giggling all the way, I realized I was having more fun taking her there and watching her than I've ever had riding myself. The feeling continued as the next days brought a baseball game and a picnic at Chatauqua Lake NY. Aunthood/godmothering is way better than anything I could imagine. These days are also serving as a fabulous distraction from my job hunt. A cute 3-yr-old blonde headed sweet reminder I need to focus out of myself more than on myself.

My sister left today, without her daughter in tow. Samantha is staying with Grammie, Grandpa and Aunt Karen until Thursday. Her first time without mommy & daddy. If you're anywhere in the tristate area you may hear distant screaming at bedtime. I may be singing a different tune about aunthood soon. But I wouldn't trade the days with my family for anything. Wish us luck!

No comments: