Monday, July 21, 2008

Road Trip

I returned this weekend from a visit to my previous summer home of Columbus OH. I would love to visit another previous summer home...but without an income, a trip to Kenya is unlikely. I had a lovely time taking a scenic detour in my summer of waiting. As I drove west it felt good to be going somewhere. Even if going somewhere didn't answer the bigger question of when or where I'll be moving somewhere.

Anne and I had a fabulous time together catching up and being generally lazy. She shares my love of (desperate need for) sleep and thus makes a perfect roommate. While my car decided to take a scenic detour of its own to visit the local Ford dealership for a new alternator, Anne and I had our own adventures. We laughed hysterically and often, frequently at ourselves, to the point of tears and stomach pain. We visited Target multiple times with one trip taking 3 hours as it involved waiting for AAA in someone's front yard. We ate yummy food, shared cat stories, played with the bunnies and watched quality non-cable tv. I also got to see my dear Kristy. Always a pick-me-up to have time with my bestest college girl! I had a very fun week (despite the trip costing A LOT more than anticipated thanks to the car).

So now I am back in the 'Boro preparing for a visit from my sister and niece, looking ahead to the Hayden-Henry wedding...and still waiting. Still waiting for the elusive call. But in much better emotional shape to do so. For now.

No comments: