Running Dry
3-4 months. That's how much water is left for Atlanta. 3-4 months. A harsh reality that has me looking for new ways to conserve water. And I have a question. I know that I use a lot of water washing my dishes over and over. Seeing as I don't have many dishes here, I'm off the meal plan now, and I still like to eat, I find myself doing dishes a lot. So in light of the extreme drought and water crisis I am wondering which is more environmentally friendly - switch to paper products and create more waste OR continue to use my dishes knowing I have to wash them and use up water?
2 comments:
I've also wondered about this. I try to use some dishes twice, like sandwich plates that can be brushed off and used again for dinner. And I try to save my dishes for a few days and do a bunch at once because I use less water that way.
Someone shared with me another great way to save water. While you're waiting for the water to get hot to wash dishes, put a milk jug/pitcher under the faucet and use the water to water plants. I'm going to use it to make icy treats for my dog!
Post a Comment