Monday, March 30, 2009

Silly Lucy

My favorite feline keeps everyone in this house on their toes and never makes for a dull moment. She loves getting into about everything and has negative attention getting down to a science. She also continues to be the most adorable, fun, lovable addition to my life. And she most definitely provides us with unending Kodak moments. Here are some of my favorites shots of my silly Lucy from the past few months...


Lucy slept away while I arranged all her favorite toys on the chair in front of her. She just kept sleeping as if to say in her own stubborn cat way, "I don't care what you do, I want to sleep, not play."


She loves getting up under the sofa cover in the living room. This odd behavior happens off and on, and when she does it she'll stay under there for hours. We make sure to poke her every so often to make sure she's getting enough air.


My umbrella was open on the front porch to dry one evening when Lucy decided to prepare herself for the chance of rain.


While it was on sale at work, I decided to purchase a new vacuum designed especially with pet hair in mind. Lucy loves a box. All boxes. And she hates the vacuum...little did she know.


Around Valentine's day I saw this lovebug on sale at work when someone came through my checkout line with it. I thought of Lucy when I saw the bugs dangling legs, toys with dangling parts are super cat fun, and I decided to get her one. She loves her lovebug! She plays with him often, tossing him up in the air with her mouth and batting him all over the room.


Lucy loves to play with bubbles. She pops them with her paws and then looks around wondering where they went. And I love hippos, so what better for us to play together with than a hippo bubble machine! (Yes, I buy too many toys for my cat, but she's my girl, I can't help it!) Here we are playing on a warm day on the front porch.


Super Bowl Sunday all our Steelers paraphernalia came out and Lucy joined right in the fun helping us cheer our team on to a 6th Super Bowl win!


Like I said, any box, and every day, is a new adventure for Lucy.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

hey hey lady! miss you. would you be interested in an associate for youth position? i was contacted by a church in michigan (a friend knew them i think) and said i would let them know of someone else they could approach. know you're more into pastoral care positions, but just wanted to check. your kitty is lovely! :)

Andiamo on the road said...

Karen, you have a spiffy writing program that I envy. You will notice that all our photos on a blog are at the top of the page. Our muse in all things computery, Geeks on Tour, tell us there is a download-able program from Microsoft; we must investigate it soon.