Best Friend’s Wedding
First, and best, Ashley & Scott got married!!! Yay!!! I’ve been looking toward this grand occasion for a long time, and it was such a wonderful blessing to celebrate with my dear friends. We all convened in Atlanta for a superb weekend of celebration including a bacholerette party, decorating, rehearsal & rehearsal dinner, and of course, the big day. Being back in the ATL also gave me a chance to catch up with some good friends, memories to last a lifetime, and love & laughter to sustain me through the perpetual call search. Congratulations Ashley & Scott! Thanks for letting me be such a huge part of your wedding weekend!
Fred's Birthday


Just returned from his wedding weekend fun, Fred celebrated his 26th birthday. He had quite the day for a stuffed, armless, blue cat. He was greeted in the morning with his very own balloon bunch. He came to work with me, hung out in my locker, and I’m pretty sure he sent several text messages while passing the time. Later on, he went to see a movie and eat a tub of popcorn with Emily, who made Fred his very own birthday hat. He came home to cake and ice cream, and a little bit belated, he received an amazing present from Elizabeth in the mail. She bought him a boat. Seriously, Fred has a boat…complete with a trailer, a fisherman, a shark, two motors, and a fishing pole with fish attached. He tried it out in the kitchen sink a few days ago. I may have reached a new level of crazy.
Target Dog

Late last week, I was working away on Lane #9, serving the guests of Target…when I looked up and spotted a dog running erratically around the check out lanes. Not something you see everyday in Target, except for the occasional seeing eye dog. But even then, no running around in a panic. Turns out our canine visitor simply found his way into the store through the automatic doors, and then freaked out when he realized he was in a strange new world. The magazine guy was able to get down on the dog’s level and get a hold of his collar, trying to calm the poor guy. The dog was wearing two collars but no tag. The managers working at the time slowly began to gather around the new guest with, ‘what the heck are we gonna do with him’ looks on their faces. One went to get a leash and some food from the pet section, another went for some water. I was toward the end of my shift, and so I offered and got the privilege of taking the new Target mascot to a local vet. He was very sweet, and as I learned the next day, he was returned safely to his owner the following morning. Maybe he just came in to shop for Mother’s Day… Never a dull moment in retail.
Cinco de Mayo
Here's to another month of memorable moments!

1 comment:
I love it! And I don't think that you're crazy; I think Fred needed the boat.
Post a Comment