Winter has arrived early, in a hurry, and deep in the snowbelt of NW Pennsylvania. And I'm loving it! Even with a harrowing drive home from Target late one night during the first storm, where 15 miles took 45 minutes...all I could see was my co-worker's headlights behind me and snow barrelling toward my windshield...Even with that, I love it. At the height, we had close to 3 ft in the back yard. 3 ft of wintry bliss.
Snow is fun. It has personality and a playfulness about it that I can't seem to get enough of. There's a unique kind of hush outside when the snow falls. A hush like when you're getting ready to whisper a silly secret to your best friend. A different kind of quiet. The snow flakes tumble down taking the time to get caught up in the wind, twirling, swirling, tapping on my window and giggling all the way. Snow turns everything the color of marshmallows, challenging itself to balance on every possible surface from tree branches to power lines to the top of my warm winter hat.
Most probably think I'm insane, but I know there are a few out there who know what I mean...who have heard the sound of snow falling, seen it tease from the sky to the ground, and love it just as much as I do. With those few voices I shout...let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!
No comments:
Post a Comment