There was a lot of excitement brimming in the air yesterday morning as I waited my turn to vote. And with all the comments, conversation, and musing I was hearing around me, I wondered how McCain ever thought he could flip Pennsylvania. He couldn't.
So today is a new day where an African American man has been elected President of these United States; where the people all over the world rejoice along with our nation; where history is in the making; and where we've quite deliberately turned a corner for a new direction filled with hope.
As I watched election results stream in, McCain's humble concession, and Obama's equally humble acceptance speech, I knew I was a part of and witnessing something bigger, more important, more life-changing than I could ever imagine. Though it all seems a bit surreal, I couldn't be happier to have been here for this. My prayer now is for the tough road ahead, and that I may live to see America become a nation of solidarity with all people and all nations. May God bless every people and every nation.
No comments:
Post a Comment