The dust of graduation festivities and family gathering has settled. And so I find myself here at home in the 'Boro. We had a fabulous time at my cousin's wedding in Athens GA and a long, hot drive home. Naturally the time to make the trip was during the countrywide heatwave. Also typical, as we neared home, the sky turned creepy and we drove through a nasty storm. No road signs necessary, when the weather changes for the weird and/or worse, home is nearby.
Now I'm here. Waiting. And waiting. Waiting in this very weird state of limbo. That last interview turned out not to be God's plan and is likely all for the better. Many inquiries to churches remain out in the mix. With the ball in their court for now, I wait. I am in all ways very glad to be home, to have some time off after 3 solid years of school, to sleep & rest as much as I please, to enjoy the comforts & familiarity of home. At the same time though, it's weird. It's odd to be living at home again. I think the oddness comes mostly from not knowing when or where the next move will be. There's a slight detachment from reality now that I've left the seminary and my also still searching friends. What I learned at seminary all seems very far away now, but perhaps I need that distance, and I know I need this break, to hear the call God has planned.
For now then I wait. Wait and believe.
No comments:
Post a Comment