Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Looking Young for My Age

It's never been a big secret that I look younger than I actually am. Lots of people continue to be surprised when my true age is revealed.

But this takes the cake...

Yesterday in the mail came my very own AARP membership card. Seriously. It is only a temporary card until I pay my annual dues, but I've been encouraged in the enclosed letter to start enjoying my benefits immediately. The card has my name and an actual membership number on it.

Here are some excerpts from the letter:
"Please keep this card until you receive your Membership Kit...I'm sure that you'll find that using just a few of your benefits can more than repay the cost of your membership. You'll also appreciate AARP's trustworthy information and resources. It can help you protect your health, your money and your career, and make the most of life after 50."

Someone needs to check their information. Or maybe there's another Karen Fleming out there expecting a card. I have to admit, I am quite curious about what comes in the membership kit!

No comments: