Monday, April 14, 2008

Deeply Concerned & Forever Baffled

NBC Nightly News is reporting right now on food safety in America. Very much on the speculation that America's produce could be more often contaminated. I am crawling out of my skin while I watch this story. I am deeply concerned about the rising cost of food in country after country around the (mostly Third) world, where people are already unable to feed their families. I know people, I've met them, I've talked with them, who are not eating because they can't afford it. And so I am deeply baffled that at a time like this, American evening news chooses to report on the mere possibility some of the hoards of food we have stacked in cabinets and refrigerators, might not all be good for us or make us sick for a day or two.

I'm not trying to make anyone feel guilty. I'm talking about having some compassion, thinking outside ourselves, and prayer that does not cease.

No comments: