Sunday, December 02, 2007

O Christmas Tree

As I've been out and about over the weekend, I have seen quite a few Christmas trees on the tops of cars on their way to their new homes, standing tall on corners hoping to be picked as THE one, and leaning on one another as if they just finished a hard day's work. I took a deep breath as I left the grocery store the other night just to smell the familiar scent of pine. I even saw a little tree at one selling spot that was very tempting. It was staring at me while I waited at the traffic light, begging me to bring it home. Pick me! Pick me!

In years of childhood, we were not allowed to purchase a tree until after my sister's birthday. A good rule I think...letting her have a Christmasless birthday. In recent years, my Dad has thought about making the move to an artificial tree. Heresy! My Mom has informed him though, as long as your daughters are coming home for Christmas, you'll have a real tree. Mom is right.

And I hope that this time next year, I will be in my home (wherever that may be!) with the fresh scent of pine and my own real tree...

No comments: