I'm thankful to have enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving week. My parents came on Monday to visit, relax, travel, and play with me. We ate yummy food at very Decatur-esque restaurants, we lounged around watching Charlie Brown and other fun tv, we visited the new Coca-Cola museum downtown complete with a photo of my Mom & I meeting the Coke Polar Bear himself, we traveled to Seneca SC to eat turkey & all the favorites with family, we laughed at family stories trying not to scare off the newest member (my cousin's soon to be fiancee), and we enjoyed each other's company. Today I had a brief visit with a great, great friend. We caught up on each other's lives over peppermint beverages, shared a snack, exchanged very belated birthday gifts, and soaked up each other's laughter. It was a lovely week of all the things I am thankful for.
Now the parents are homebound and my snowmen have been released from their boxes. I've been listening to them scatching in the closet for weeks. They know when it's time to get out. Now I am relaxing some more...among the snowmen & twinkle lights with the scent of jack frost in the air (my favorite seasonal candle)...thankful for a few more days of vacation.
Hoping you had a blessed Thanksgiving...
No comments:
Post a Comment