Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Boo for Waking Up

I hate waking up and getting out of bed in the morning. Particularly when it has to happen before I am ready. Most especially when it is before 9am. Before you call me lazy or say I'm missing the best part of the day, let's remember those pesky chronic illnesses I have. Truth is it is honestly hard for me to get up early. Not because I'm young. Not because I stay up too late. Because I'm me. Waking up period is a struggle on many days. And when it comes at an unfortunate hour, my body feels it for the rest of the day and some of tomorrow.

I love sleep. I love my pillow. I love being snuggled up under the blankets and comforter all cuddly with my Pooh Bear. Yes, 30 years old, I still sleep with a teddy bear. My Pooh Bear knows how much I loathe getting out of bed in the morning. He knows I am not a morning person, neither is he (not a morning bear, that is), and he stays right there in the bed hoping for nap time later in the day. As a matter of fact, he often assumes a position that fits my first-thing-in-the-morning mentality.


Exhibit A:



No, I didn't pose him for the picture. That's where he was in the morning.
And now I'm off to make Pooh's dream of napping come true!
Boo for waking up!
Yay for sleep!

No comments: