The other day marked two blessed occasions...a new friend's birthday and the release of Sex and the City 2. We celebrated her birthday by taking part in a beautifully designed Ladies Night. Have you ever eaten at the Melting Pot? Well, save your shekels and go. It is a scrumptious fondue restaurant with impeccable service and savory bites. I would not be able to afford their regular menu prices, but Ladies Night provided us a unique opportunity. For a reasonable fixed price, we got a 4 course meal and a movie ticket to Sex and the City 2. Slap on some $5 cosmopolitans and we've got a birthday celebration fit for the record books.
The food was truly amazing and we had a superb server who enjoyed asking us questions about Fred...information he then passed on to his co-workers who pretty obviously walked by our table to see for themselves. Fred's fame is ever expanding. We started with cheddar cheese fondue, then a salad, followed by a plate with a sampling of meats, ravioli, and vegetables cooked in a coq de vin fondue base, and last but definitely not least...the chocolate. Ooooooo the chocolate! All savored with pomegranate cosmopolitans and laughter.
The movie was wonderful as well. I never watched the tv show Sex and the City with any regularity. I did see enough to appreciate the single girl appeal, to join in marveling at the fashion, and to envy the NYC writer lifestyle of Carrie Bradshaw. When the first movie came out, I went with my Mom and enjoyed it as well. So though there was no count down on my calendar (as there is for Toy Story 3!), I looked forward to the sequel. I think the ultimate chick flick has a good bit to say about society, marriage, and children. I appreciate the perspective that a woman's formerly traditional role of living to be a wife and a mother is just that...former. I also resonate with the desire for society to catch up with reality on such topics. And naturally, I marvelled at the I-would-never-wear-or-be-able-to-afford-yet-so-fabulous fashion draped all over the film. Crazy beautiful.
To women, love, and laughter!
No comments:
Post a Comment