Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Shock and Awe

Friends,
I am in shock over the devastating earthquake that struck Haiti yesterday afternoon. I have received little news about those I know personally. The news I have heard is both horrible and wonderful. Many folks survived, but their beautiful home is a total loss. Please visit www.heartswithhaiti.org for more details.

And please, please pray for the people of Haiti. Pray for each and every one of them. They are a people so close to my heart. They are family. The Haitian people are a resilient people and I do believe they will come back from this. But it will take years. Years and undying support, love, and prayers from the world.

Pray for Haiti.

1 comment:

Jessi said...

Hi Karen! I saw your link on Whitney's blog and was so excited to read about what you've been up to. I hope you're enjoying Pennsylvania. Email me to catch up: jessilh@gmail.com

Love,
Jessi