God has opened a door.
On a recent day off, in a becoming routine process of job hunting and call searching, I found an open door. A distinct possibility of employment in ministry standing wide open like light at the end of the tunnel.
The position is to join an existing group of CPE residents for the remainder of their residency year. For those unfamiliar with the lingo, I will be a hospital chaplain when I land this job. A chaplain still in-training, like a medical resident who is indeed already a doctor, but still has training to do, I will be a chaplain. It's a direction I've considered going before in ministry and certainly a place I feel called to be, so I'm standing in the doorway ready to take the last step through.
I've been invited for an interview, which will happen on December 1st and will hopefully lead to an offer. I am super excited for this new possibility and hopeful I have finally been led to my place in ministry.
2 comments:
Karen,
Our thoughts and prayers are with you. December can be an auspicious month for those who have weathered the cold and snow of northern winters. Come to think of it, Roberta and I made two moves in our ministry in the period between Christmas and New Year's Day!
Blessings
Uncle Bill
As I was reading back over some of your older blogs, I was struck by two things. 1) I can't believe we've only known each other a few short months. and 2) I am so glad that God's open door for you led to our paths crossing. I am blessed and grateful to have you in my life.
Post a Comment