Spring has sprung in Decatur and left us under a blanket of icky yellow pollen. Not kidding. It is a blanket and it is gross. Everything exposed to the great outdoors is now covered in varying layers of yellow dust: cars, blacktop parking lots, sidewalks, railings, lampposts, doorknobs, mailboxes, picnic tables, benches, squirrels, birds, and small children. They are all yellow and dusty. Seriously, it is even around the edges of my flip flops where my feet don't cover their black surface. Nasty. And I never had allergies until I lived in Charleston for over 4 years at which point I finally went to an allergist who told me Charleston is one of the most allergic cities in the nation. Fabulous. So now I suffer with the many other for whom spring does bring new beginnings. New beginnings of kleenex use, allergy meds, and solidarity with my allergic friends.
In an effort to embrace spring as the new beginning God meant it to be, I am choosing to see the pollen as God's fairy dust, bringing new life and hope to God's good and wonderful creation. Might be a stretch to connect God and fairy dust, but I don't care. It is almost spring break. Midterms just ended. My candidacy statements are due in a week. You gotta give me something. And heavenly fairy dust is what I choose to believe. Delusional or not!
No comments:
Post a Comment