I have no more than two classes a day this semester, with only one exception, but I still find it hard to pay complete attention 100% of the time. I am pretty confident this is true of most students, even those who I am sure are paying more and better attention than me. It's a privilege to study and exist as a student. But let's be honest, it is also a long time, and a lot of sitting. One has a tendancy to zone out, tune out, daydream, wonder what's for lunch, etc.
And today I learned it isn't just the students.
During a certain theology lecture by an unnamed professor, one of my classmates, Frank, made a statement about the topic of the day in response to the lecture. There was silence when he finished during which this particular professor normally replies to the student who is asking a question or making a comment. But today, only silence as the professor stared at the notes in front of him/her. Then suddenly the professor looked up and said.........wait for it.....wait for it.....
"I'm sorry Frank, I tuned out there at the end."
Awesome. That my friends is the quote of the day. Perhaps the quote of the semester.
1 comment:
So sorry I missed that one. I can only imagine the look on Frank's face.
Post a Comment