There is a season of sadness about life in recent weeks. Grief is permeating in the past, present, and future of my world.
Memories of my Grandma and the events of last year at this time are tumbling around in my mind day after day. Even the act of packing up my apartment evokes memories of her as I recall hers being the most recent packing up of an apartment I participated in.
Receiving news of loss throughout my family and friends. Sandy losing her grandmother so soon after coping with, even in the midst of coping with, significant family changes. The unexpected and surprising news of the sudden death of a college roommate. She was only 30 years old and 1 year into marriage. Barb & JC missing their furry and unconditionally loving kitty companion.
Participating in an unusual number of deaths here at work. Being with the grieving comes with the job and lately it has come in droves with senseless, early, and devastating losses. Even just this morning sitting with a woman having just lost her soul mate, her husband of 52 years.
Preparing to depart this place. Saying goodbyes. Transitioning out of the old and looking ahead to the new. Anticipating how much I will miss the peers and staff I have grown so close to as we worked side by side through many difficult times.
I am weary of the sadness. Reaching out for the hope and the joy promised by my God. Holding on to the moments of laughter and savoring the silliness. Looking forward to newness and a change in the atmosphere. Surely there is a shift on the horizon...
No comments:
Post a Comment