Monday, August 20, 2007

Pastoral Care Provided

I lost track a long time ago of how many times I wrote that phrase on a chart...Pastoral Care Provided. It can mean a whole host of things from a simple introduction of myself as the Chaplain on the floor to being with a family as their loved one is withdrawn from life support and anything and everything in between. The last day at the hospital and the day of final evaluations at my supervisor's home have passed. I've just enjoyed a relaxing weekend with my parents. And now it's time to pack up and head back south to see what lies ahead in my senior year. I don't think it's possible to sum up all I've learned this summer. Coming here was an excellent decision (I say that as if God's providential hand was not at work, which I know it was) and leaving will be/is sad, but I'm excited to reconnect with old friends, get the ordination exams over with, and move on into new adventures. Another chapter done...my story continues...

No comments: