Tuesday, August 07, 2007

40 Hour Vacation

I spent this past weekend making a whirlwind trip to southeast PA for Grandma weekend. I flew to Philly at 7:45am on Saturday, rode to Bethlehem with my brother and fam (making an all-important stop at the best cheesesteak joint on earth in Chester!), and spent the night there. Sunday morning we drove to Hershey, met up with the rest of the family, had a lovely brunch, took lots of pictures, and watched kids run wild, and finally rode back to Philly with my sister and her fam for my flight back landing me in Columbus after 11pm. Whew!

You might be wondering 'what the heck is Grandma weekend and why don't I have one?' Or not, but just in case: Grandma weekend was our name for a gathering of my immediate family plus Grandma Smith so she'd have a chance to meet her great-grandchildren. The weekend was exhausting, but more than worth it. I got to spend some time with all three of the little ones, who aren't so little anymore, and the big people too. Justin can be quite the little terror and ball of energy, but mostly is a joyful super-fun nephew. Samantha is quite the girly girl all pretty in pink, but she can certainly hold her own with her cousins and loves matchbox cars as much as the next guy. Ryan is a speedy, crafty little fellow and bound for record breaking feats of strength for a one-year-old. He's adorable though and will win anyone over with that smile.

So I myself recommend a Grandma weekend. Don't have one? Get one.

No comments: