Thursday, July 19, 2007

Long Time No Blog

It has been weeks since I've attended to this little blog of mine. In the past several weeks I've had many more on-calls with lots more death and dying, a mid-unit break which I spent lounging around at home in PA, my mid-unit evaluation, some random stomach ickiness that made its way through our group one by one, the best "waterfront dining" with Kristy, lots of laughs with Anne, and a host of adventures in the halls of OSU and the streets of Columbus.

All is going well here in the world of CPE. Certainly not without challenge, fatigue, tears, and frustration. But very well. So now with a mere four weeks left here, the ordination exams and my senior year are beginning to stare me down. And that annoyingly necessary always asked question....then what? The possibilities seem endless. Associate Pastor. Chaplain. Parish Resident. Solo Pastor. Mission Worker. Grocery Bagger. Ice Cream Taste-Tester. I'm dying for clarity. A giant post-it note on my pillow from God. Sigh.

On with one day at a time, waiting for the pager to sound, discerning my path, encountering grace at every corner and every fork in the road.

No comments: