Monday, February 12, 2007

A Grocery Store Encounter

So it's been a long time, and I should be studying, but here's a thought for the day...

In the movies, single women meet wonderful, attractive, Mr. Right's in the grocery store. They crash their carts or reach for the same piece of tasty sirloin. Two seconds later they are soul mates destinated for marriage, 2.5 kids, and a dog.

I do not live in the movies. Or I'm not going to the right grocery store.

Tonight, two days before Valentine's Day, I made a quick trip to what we like to call the 'Baby Kroger' here in Decatur. I was purusing the bananas for some that held potential for taste. I am a fan of the banana, but those provided in my delightful meal plan are gross. Pondering which ones to purchase I was approached by a wonderful, attractive, maybe Mr. Right with two Valentine Teddy Bears in his hands. "Excuse me, which one of these would you rather have?" I chose the brown one, much cuter, and much less cheesy. "Thanks!" And off to the checkout line he went.

Fantastic.

I admit, I did have to laugh a little....men choosing teddy bears and all. Praise the Lord for my dear friend Ashley and my cousin Brian who were born on Feb 14th...giving me something to celebrate on the world's most exclusive "holiday."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol. bananas are gross. in our house we are celebrating both valentine's day and a new episode of Lost, though not necessarily in that order ... :) I do, however, enjoy the excuse to eat steak for dinner and drink wine with my chocolate (not that I require an excuse for the wine or chocolate, but it's nice to have one anyway). Point being, bananas are slimy and gross.

Anonymous said...

Karen, You know I live with a banana connoisseur. Remember when we calculated approximately how many bananas Frankie may have eaten in his first thirty-some-odd years of life?! I couldn't help but remember that as I read your message. And btw, IF you were in a movie, after going to the checkout and paying, Mr. Right would have come back and given YOU the cute, brown bear! At least it seems that some writer would have had Tom Hanks or whoever do that! :)
Love, Janice