Since I have been sporting a cast, I have some new and different oddities to the details of my life.
- My shoes have become segregated in my closet. All the right shoes, which are still getting used and loved as always, are in one pile. All the left shoes, sad and lonely, have formed their own pile.
- I can wear the same pair of socks two days in a row! No, it's not gross or a weird way to avoid laundry. I only have to wear one sock per day, hence I can wear the same "pair" more than once between laundry cycles.
- I have taking a bath down to a science. When I first thought about having to take a bath, in order to keep the cast dry, I was dreading it because I was thinking of childhood baths which take 30 minutes. But childhood baths include playing with the webble wobbles, who in addition to not falling down, also float. The goal now is only getting clean and so I have got it down to 10 minutes. In and out.
- It takes me twice as long to walk anywhere. And it is quite a workout since my leg now weighs an extra 25 pounds (not really 25, but it feels like it).
- I now require two chairs in class. One for me, one for my foot. Because Kendall can't count, my foot also received its own menu and silverware at brunch on Sunday.
- I am extra appreciative that I have no fashion sense and have not returned to the "skinny" jeans that have, in a horrible decision, come back in style this year. I am a proud owner of boot leg jeans that fit nicely over a cast and keep me from having to pare down my wardrobe.
- The CTS annual Christmas Banquet is coming up. A special event for us, one that justifies a new dress. Sarah and I are planning to go shopping for a dress that will compliment my cast. And suggestions have been made about how to dress up the cast itself...battery operated Christmas lights and such.
It is a wonder what breaking my foot has brought to my life and amazing the many ways God has granted us the know-how to adapt to our circumstances. Live and learn.
No comments:
Post a Comment