Spring semester classes start on Monday. My last new semester here in the good ol' CTS bubble. I had a funny encounter today regarding my attitude as Monday approaches...
I was standing in the business office awaiting the joyful receipt of my loan check. The seminary president came in...
Me: "Hi Laura."
Her: "Hi! Are you getting all geared up for the new semester?"
Me: "Last one!"
Her: "Oh. Right. I get it."
She then turned around and walked away, I believe, with a full grasp of my senioritis :)
I have a shelf of new books and one weekend to burn before I sit in class once again. While I am looking forward to my classes, I cannot deny my mind is more on what will come next, where I'll be moving, and when I get to start packing. Patience. Patience. Patience. I have a slate of mostly electives ahead (Powers, Principalities & Preaching; Corinthians; Worship Through the Seasons of Life), one required class left (American Religious & Cultural History/World Christianity), and the minor task of seeking, pursuing, negotiating, and landing my first ordained call. Never a dull moment here in the bubble.
No comments:
Post a Comment